Flood alerts across Cumbria issued for tonight
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 20 December 2013
FLOOD alerts have been issued for Cumbria rivers by the Environment Agency, as heavy rain is expected tonight.
The warning is of the possibility of flooding, telling residents to prepare.
Rivers are likely to rise in response to heavy rainfall forecast throughout this evening, which is falling on already saturated ground.
The rain is expected to clear by Saturday morning.
Warnings are in place at the following locations:
- Rivers Kent and Bela.
- Rivers Eamont and Lowther to their confluence with the River Eden at Langwathby.
- River Derwent from Keswick to Bassenthwaite.
- Rivers Caldew and Petteril from the Lakeland Fells to their confluences with the Eden in Carlisle including Greystoke, Newton Reigny, Plumpton, Stockdalewath, Sebergham and Dentonholme in Carlisle.
- Lower Derwent from Bassenthwaite Lake to the coast at Workington. The Cocker from Crummock Water to Cockermouth. The River Marron from Ullock to its confluence with the Derwent near Bridgefoot.
- Rivers Duddon, Crake and Mill Beck.
- Upper River Eden.
- River Eden and tributaries from Temple Sowerby to the confluence with the River Irthing at Warwick Bridge including Langwathby, Lazonby, Kirkoswald, Armathwaite, Wetheral and Warwick on Eden.
- River Eden and its tributaries from its confluence with the River Irthing through Crosby-on-Eden and Carlisle to the Solway Firth at Rockcliffe.
- The Upper Derwent from Seathwaite to Derwent Water.
- Rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster.
- Rivers Ehen, Calder, Irt and Esk.
- Rivers Wampool and Ellen.
First published at 17:20, Friday, 20 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|