Flood alerts across Cumbria issued for tonight
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 20 December 2013
FLOOD alerts have been issued for Cumbria rivers by the Environment Agency, as heavy rain is expected tonight.
The warning is of the possibility of flooding, telling residents to prepare.
Rivers are likely to rise in response to heavy rainfall forecast throughout this evening, which is falling on already saturated ground.
The rain is expected to clear by Saturday morning.
Warnings are in place at the following locations:
- Rivers Kent and Bela.
- Rivers Eamont and Lowther to their confluence with the River Eden at Langwathby.
- River Derwent from Keswick to Bassenthwaite.
- Rivers Caldew and Petteril from the Lakeland Fells to their confluences with the Eden in Carlisle including Greystoke, Newton Reigny, Plumpton, Stockdalewath, Sebergham and Dentonholme in Carlisle.
- Lower Derwent from Bassenthwaite Lake to the coast at Workington. The Cocker from Crummock Water to Cockermouth. The River Marron from Ullock to its confluence with the Derwent near Bridgefoot.
- Rivers Duddon, Crake and Mill Beck.
- Upper River Eden.
- River Eden and tributaries from Temple Sowerby to the confluence with the River Irthing at Warwick Bridge including Langwathby, Lazonby, Kirkoswald, Armathwaite, Wetheral and Warwick on Eden.
- River Eden and its tributaries from its confluence with the River Irthing through Crosby-on-Eden and Carlisle to the Solway Firth at Rockcliffe.
- The Upper Derwent from Seathwaite to Derwent Water.
- Rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster.
- Rivers Ehen, Calder, Irt and Esk.
- Rivers Wampool and Ellen.
First published at 17:20, Friday, 20 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston stall
- Search for missing wild camper in Cumbria
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
- Emergency services called after car taken by tide off Walney (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|