Flood alerts across Cumbria issued for tonight
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 20 December 2013
FLOOD alerts have been issued for Cumbria rivers by the Environment Agency, as heavy rain is expected tonight.
The warning is of the possibility of flooding, telling residents to prepare.
Rivers are likely to rise in response to heavy rainfall forecast throughout this evening, which is falling on already saturated ground.
The rain is expected to clear by Saturday morning.
Warnings are in place at the following locations:
- Rivers Kent and Bela.
- Rivers Eamont and Lowther to their confluence with the River Eden at Langwathby.
- River Derwent from Keswick to Bassenthwaite.
- Rivers Caldew and Petteril from the Lakeland Fells to their confluences with the Eden in Carlisle including Greystoke, Newton Reigny, Plumpton, Stockdalewath, Sebergham and Dentonholme in Carlisle.
- Lower Derwent from Bassenthwaite Lake to the coast at Workington. The Cocker from Crummock Water to Cockermouth. The River Marron from Ullock to its confluence with the Derwent near Bridgefoot.
- Rivers Duddon, Crake and Mill Beck.
- Upper River Eden.
- River Eden and tributaries from Temple Sowerby to the confluence with the River Irthing at Warwick Bridge including Langwathby, Lazonby, Kirkoswald, Armathwaite, Wetheral and Warwick on Eden.
- River Eden and its tributaries from its confluence with the River Irthing through Crosby-on-Eden and Carlisle to the Solway Firth at Rockcliffe.
- The Upper Derwent from Seathwaite to Derwent Water.
- Rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster.
- Rivers Ehen, Calder, Irt and Esk.
- Rivers Wampool and Ellen.
First published at 17:20, Friday, 20 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|