Flood alert issued for Barrow coast
Last updated at 18:46, Sunday, 10 August 2014
A FLOOD alert has been issued for the Barrow coast tonight.
The Environment Agency has issued the alert for high tide.
Tidal spray and onshore flooding may occur to roads and some properties along the coast may be affected. People are being warned to stay away from the coast.
The tide is forecast to peak between 11pm and 11.10pm.
High water can be expected for two hours before and after the peak.
First published at 18:42, Sunday, 10 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (5 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|