First step to build Barrow police station takes place today
Published at 10:33, Friday, 31 January 2014
THE first step in building the new multimillion police station in Barrow takes place this afternoon.
Cumbria’s police and crime commissioner, Richard Rhodes, has invited the town’s MP John Woodcock to “cut the first sod” at the site of the new £6.5m police station to signify the start of the project.
They will also be joined by Deputy Chief Constable Jerry Graham and representatives from the construction contractors Thomas Armstrong.
A short ceremony will be taking place today at 2pm on the site of the new police station in Andrews Way, Barrow.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|