Firm wins deal to supply lights to Indian navy
Last updated at 13:54, Tuesday, 27 March 2012
AN Ulverston lighting firm has won a lucrative new contract with the Indian navy.
McGeoch Technology has been awarded a £250,000 contract to supply new hi-tech LED lighting to the Indian navy and coastguard.
An order for more than 1,000 lights has been received for a variety of LED light fittings developed by McGeoch, specifically to be used on two new-build vessels as well as several refit programs.
Announcing the contract, Dr Sohail Amer, chairman of McGeoch Technology, said: “The Indian navy has committed to widely introduce LED throughout its fleet and we are proud to have been selected as supplier of this key lighting technology to one of the world’s fastest growing navies.
“For the past two years McGeoch has worked closely with the Indian navy to fully understand their requirements and meet their specific needs.”
The order is expected to lead to further naval work for McGeoch, estimated at up to £1m.
The McGeoch company began life as a ship’s chandler in Scotland in 1835.
Its headquarters are in Birmingham, with an outpost site at Daltongate Business Park, in Ulverston, opening in 2007 to take advantage of the LED skills base in the town.
First published at 13:08, Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|