Firm wins deal to supply lights to Indian navy
Last updated at 13:54, Tuesday, 27 March 2012
AN Ulverston lighting firm has won a lucrative new contract with the Indian navy.
McGeoch Technology has been awarded a £250,000 contract to supply new hi-tech LED lighting to the Indian navy and coastguard.
An order for more than 1,000 lights has been received for a variety of LED light fittings developed by McGeoch, specifically to be used on two new-build vessels as well as several refit programs.
Announcing the contract, Dr Sohail Amer, chairman of McGeoch Technology, said: “The Indian navy has committed to widely introduce LED throughout its fleet and we are proud to have been selected as supplier of this key lighting technology to one of the world’s fastest growing navies.
“For the past two years McGeoch has worked closely with the Indian navy to fully understand their requirements and meet their specific needs.”
The order is expected to lead to further naval work for McGeoch, estimated at up to £1m.
The McGeoch company began life as a ship’s chandler in Scotland in 1835.
Its headquarters are in Birmingham, with an outpost site at Daltongate Business Park, in Ulverston, opening in 2007 to take advantage of the LED skills base in the town.
First published at 13:08, Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|