Firefighters evacuate residents after Barrow kitchen fire
Last updated at 08:53, Monday, 03 March 2014
A TUMBLE dryer sparked a late night shout for firefighters in Barrow.
Two crews were called to a house in Abbotsvale at around 12.30am today.
A fire had broken out in the kitchen after a fault developed in the tumble dryer.
No one was injured during the incident.
Firecrews evacuated the residents and put out the fire before returning to the station at 2am.
First published at 08:48, Monday, 03 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
- Emergency services called after car taken by tide off Walney (2 comments)
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- The ultimate guide to Kidfest in Barrow
- Police appeal after woman assaulted in Barrow
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945