Firefighters called to Astute submarine in BAE Systems in Barrow
Last updated at 08:34, Monday, 20 January 2014
FIRECREWS were called to one of the Astute class submarines under construction at BAE Systems in Barrow today.
Crews from Barrow and Walney were called the the shipyard after an extractor unit on one of the boats under construction in Devonshire Dock Hall began over heating.
Firefighters found that no action was needed after an inspection.
A Barrow fire spokesman said the service was called as a precaution
First published at 14:44, Sunday, 19 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|