Fire service called to chip shop fire in Barrow
Last updated at 17:20, Monday, 10 February 2014
Cumbria fire service crews were called to a fire in Barrow this afternoon.
Emergency services were called out at 12.20pm to deal with a chip pan fire at Suffolk Street Chippy in Suffolk Street.
One man, understood to the owner of the property, suffered burns on his hand when he tried to tackle the blaze with a fire extinguisher.
He was treated on the scene by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.
Three engines attended the incident, two from Barrow Fire Station and one from Walney.
First published at 12:43, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
This chippy has had this happen before hasn't it?
Chill out Kev... Nobody died...
View all 4 comments on this article