Fire fears raised over mysterious smell at Barrow Magistrates' Court
Last updated at 12:41, Thursday, 24 April 2014
A MYSTERIOUS smell raised fire concerns at Barrow Magistrates' Court.
Staff at the court noticed an unidentifable odour in the building, in Abbey Road, at about 11am and activated their alarm as a precaution.
The fire service were unable to locate the source of the smell, and found no trace of any fire.
The staff have said they will continue to monitor the situation and contact the fire service again if necessary.
First published at 11:48, Thursday, 24 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|