Family pay tribute to father found on Cumbria fell
Last updated at 18:49, Friday, 15 August 2014
THE family of a man whose body was found in the Lake District almost four years after he went missing have spoken of their sadness and sense of closure.
The body of 41-year-old Chay Lancaster was discovered by climbers at the bottom of Blake Rigg, Little Langdale, on July 28.
Mr Lancaster, a father-of-three, went missing from Blackpool while walking alone in the Lakes in September 2010.
Searches by mountain rescue teams did not produce any results, leaving his family with more questions than answers.
However, Mr Lancaster’s body was finally recovered last month. It is believed he may have fallen.
Mr Lancaster’s daughter Anna, 24, paid tribute to her father.
She said: “It is not what we wanted but as time went on, it was becoming less and less likely he would be found alive.
“We don’t know exactly what happened, and we might never know, but he was doing what he loved, walking in the Lake District, and that is of some comfort to us.
“I always thought the worst had happened. He left his house with his laptop on charge and his bathroom window open which weren’t the actions of someone who did not intend to return home.
“Now we are glad to have him back so that we can put him to rest.”
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
Mr Lancaster had not been seen by his family since September 11 2010. CCTV spotted him getting off a train in Windermere.
First published at 18:13, Thursday, 14 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Holiday park near Grange unveils its latest phase of £5m plan
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|