UPDATE: Loop Road in Whitehaven, Cumbria, reopens after fallen tree is removed.
Last updated at 11:21, Thursday, 05 December 2013
Drivers across Cumbria faced road closures this morning after gale-force winds reached 112mph.
Loop Road in Whitehaven has reopened after the fallen tree was removed.
Traffic is still affecting the following roads:
· M6 between junction 44 & 45 - one lane is open
· M6 junction 40 - two lanes are open
· B5299 Dalston Road at Lingley close junction closed due to fallen tree, this is the main road between Carlisle and Dalston
· A595, two miles from the Belle Vue roundabout, Cockermouth to Carlisle closed due to fallen tree
People are advised to only travel if their journey is essential and seek alternative routes in those areas which are affected.The main route between Cumbria and Dalston, B5299 Dalston Road, at Lingley close junction, has also closed due to a fallen tree.
First published at 10:51, Thursday, 05 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (9 comments)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (7 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria Health boss warns parents over cigarette-like devices
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|