Extension into investigation of maternity care failings at hospital trust
Last updated at 12:13, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
AN extension has been agreed in an investigation into failings in maternity care at the trust which runs a Barrow hospital.
The Morecambe Bay Investigation, led by chairman Dr Bill Kirkup CBE, is investigating failings in maternity care at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust between January 2004 and June 2013.
Dr Bill Kirkup was asked to produce his report in July 2014, but the health secretary Jeremy Hunt has recognised that, due to the significant volume of material the investigation has received, a short extension to the timeline will enable the chairman and panel to review all of the evidence and address the terms of reference.
Mr Hunt has agreed that Dr Kirkup should submit his report in the autumn. The investigation has identified more than 20 organisations holding material that is relevant to its terms of reference. The chairman and his panel of expert advisors reviewing this evidence submitted and further evidence is to be delivered in the coming weeks.
The investigation is compiling a list of potential interviewees.
First published at 12:09, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|