Extension into investigation of maternity care failings at hospital trust
Last updated at 12:13, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
AN extension has been agreed in an investigation into failings in maternity care at the trust which runs a Barrow hospital.
The Morecambe Bay Investigation, led by chairman Dr Bill Kirkup CBE, is investigating failings in maternity care at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust between January 2004 and June 2013.
Dr Bill Kirkup was asked to produce his report in July 2014, but the health secretary Jeremy Hunt has recognised that, due to the significant volume of material the investigation has received, a short extension to the timeline will enable the chairman and panel to review all of the evidence and address the terms of reference.
Mr Hunt has agreed that Dr Kirkup should submit his report in the autumn. The investigation has identified more than 20 organisations holding material that is relevant to its terms of reference. The chairman and his panel of expert advisors reviewing this evidence submitted and further evidence is to be delivered in the coming weeks.
The investigation is compiling a list of potential interviewees.
First published at 12:09, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Police investigate stabbing
- Millom woman who injured back in crash was drink-driving
- Firm’s upgrade pledge after sale of Cumbria holiday park
- Guests have a ball raising £2.5k for Millom mayor’s charities
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works" (1 comment)
- Man makes Millom ‘tip baby’ death T-shirt vow
- Millom man accused of murdering Kenya girlfriend mentally fit to stand trial
- Millom man could face death penalty after being charged with murder
- Cumbria beauty queen speaks out against bullying (4 comments)
- House detectives put name to town street
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|