Exciting start for new season of rhythm and blues in Barrow
Published at 09:49, Friday, 10 January 2014
BLUES fans have a string of performances to look forward to in Furness.
The season kicks of for Barrow’s R and B Club, at Bar Continental, tomorrow with the Blues Boy Kings.
The nine-year-old Lincolnshire-based group have honed their skills, inspired by legendary singer BB King.
The band described its sound as “raw yet polished, smooth yet exciting” and placed themselves between Muddy Waters and Fleetwood Mac, via Freddie King and Elmore James.
Members include Jason North and his wife Sam Skidmore, along with other members, who together have toured the blues festivals. Last year they released their second album Second Time Around.
Singer Jason North said: “Last year was a great year, with the band appearing on the main stage of Hebden Bridge Blues Festival, Newark Blues Festival and Bushey Blues Festival.”
Their other appearances included Blues and Bikes Festival, in North Lincolnshire.
This year, former member Mark Barrett, who is well known by R and B Club members, has rejoined the group fresh from his recent tour with the Hoax.
After their R and B Club debut, on Friday, regulars can expect several more blues acts.
Next week’s band, The Revolutionaires, is expected to be very popular, and the following week there will be a first-time performance from Bluestown.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|