Evening Mail fuel prize to be used for One Direction concert trip
Published at 16:43, Monday, 09 June 2014
PRIZES to Evening Mail readers this week include Monsters University goodies such as a talking monster toy.
The Evening Mail teamed up with Tesco Extra for this competition.
Winners were Riley Sattersthwaite, four, Keeley Cringle, 11, Kyle Moscrop, seven and runners up Elizabeth, Edward and Jasmine.
Mum-of-two Rachel White, 42, of Barrow Island, won £50 of fuel.
Mrs White said: “It’s really good to have won. I’m taking my daughter to see One Direction in the car so it will definitely pay for a fuel to Manchester and back. She’s really excited about it.
“It will definitely make a difference in terms of how much money I will have to spend now. The tickets and refreshments are expensive so this will definitely help us for the trip.”
Meanwhile, a VIP winner has told how she was amazed by her prize of a stay at a luxury hotel and membership pack for two at the Holker Garden Festival.
Denise King, 58. of Ulverston, collected tokens in the Evening Mail and was treated to dinner, bed and breakfast at the four-star Lakeside Hotel and then the VIP treatment continued at Holker Garden Festival.
Mrs King said: “I saw the vouchers in the Evening Mail and thought ‘what a wonderful prize’.
“It has been amazing, it was beautiful at Lakeside and Holker Garden Festival is always absolutely lovely.
“We’ve attended Chelsea and Tatton, but we really love Holker.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|