Estimated £55,000 of drugs found in Cumbria
Last updated at 08:50, Friday, 20 September 2013
TODAY Cumbria poilice have so far seized drugs with an estimated street value of £55,000, with the possibility that yet more may still be found.
They executed a cannabis search warrant at New House Farm in Orton Road, Carlisle this morning.
So far a 50 year old man from Carlisle has been arrested.
Detective Inspector Craig Smith said: “We take any intelligence of drugs in our communities very seriously, and work hard to protect local people from the negative consequences that can be caused by drugs.
“Anyone with any information about suspicious activity in the Orton Road area of Carlisle is asked to get in touch with Cumbria Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
There are a number of tell-tale signs of properties that may be storing or cultivating drugs and there are a number of questions people can ask themselves to identify any suspicious activity:
- Do you have premises near to you that have recently been taken over by people you don’t know?
- Have you any remote premises near you where you see strange comings and goings - especially at odd times of the day or night?
- Have you seen people taking lighting equipment, insulation or heaters into buildings where you wouldn’t expect to see them?
- Have you seen large quantities of chemicals or substances you wouldn’t expect or normally see in your area?
- Has the activity around the building changed from agricultural use to something different recently?
- Does a farm, house or dwelling look very different to you? Does it have venting or an extra chimney that wasn’t there before? Or are the curtains always drawn?
First published at 09:49, Thursday, 19 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- ‘Three years? We couldn’t believe it’ Barrow killer victim's family speak out (39 comments)
- Principal of Furness Academy in Barrow steps down (10 comments)
- Barrow killer ‘in pieces’ at death of his victim
- UPDATE: Vicious dog located after woman attacked in Barrow (7 comments)
- Train hits cow in Cumbria, line reopens (2 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|