Emergency services called to Barrow shipyard
Last updated at 11:18, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
EMERGENCY services have been called to Barrow shipyard after a worker fell from a ladder.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called to Devonshire Dock Hall, at BAE Systems in Barrow, along with the North West Ambulance Service.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance Service said a worker, in his mid-30s, fell from a ladder and has been complaining of back pain.
The spokeswoman said the injuries were not life threatening.
An ambulance was called at around 2.35pm and arrived on scene at 2.37pm.
A spokesman for BAE Systems said: "We can confirm that emergency services attended BAE Systems in Barrow this afternoon following an incident inside the Devonshire Dock Hall (DDH).
"At around 2.30pm today, a man fell from a ladder.
"The local ambulance service was called, and as a precautionary measure, requested additional support from the Great North Air Ambulance. The man, who was conscious, has been transported to hospital with a suspected back injury.
"His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
"An internal investigation has been launched to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident."
First published at 15:59, Monday, 23 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|