Egg-ceedingly good designs from Cumbria school pupils win goodies
Last updated at 16:24, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
THREE delighted pupils were all smiles when they received their prizes, after winning the Evening Mail’s Design An Easter Egg competition.
Jasmine Humphrey, nine, Isabelle Helme, eight, and Evie Jackson, five, were swamped with Easter eggs when they paid a visit to Tesco Extra in Hindpool Road, Barrow, to collect their winnings.
Jasmine, a pupil at Yarlside Primary School, was named the competition’s overall champion – an incredible feat considering there were more than 900 entries. Her design, featuring a pink, green and yellow gift-wrapped egg, wowed the judges.
The trio of winners won across three age categories.
The Evening Mail’s competition, in association with Tesco, saw pupils grab their crayons and felt tips and draw bright Easter egg designs. A pull-out featuring all the creative entries was published in the Evening Mail last month.
Jasmine won a selection of Easter goodies and a seven-inch tablet. Her school also won two tablets and her classmates each received an Easter egg.
Janine Pierce, headteacher of Yarlside Primary School, said: “We were thrilled that Jasmine won the competition, especially when we saw how many entries there had been.
“I think her classmates were especially pleased once they found out she had won an Easter egg for them each!
“Jasmine always puts time and effort into everything she produces so this is lovely for her to be rewarded by winning the competition.
“The tablets are going to be put to good use within the classroom. We have recently invested in tablet technology so these will enhance our current provision which is wonderful.”
Category winners Evie, from Croftlands School in Ulverston and Isabelle, from Chetwynde School in Barrow, each received a bundle of Easter egg goodies.
First published at 16:15, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|