EDM collective take you to the Future
Last updated at 16:00, Monday, 28 July 2014
BARROW’S newest dance music collective offer up an eclectic line-up for their latest event.
Non-profit organisation Future Sound, made up of a number of well-known local DJs, return next month with Bass Dstrkt, bringing together some of the best electronic dance music from around the world.
This will be the third night they’ve organised, starting out at The Porthole before moving on to The New Cons, in Abbey Road, where the Friday August 15 show will take place. It’s all set to be the biggest and best yet, with a huge soundsystem and new lighting controller.
Heading up the bill will be Barrow-based DJ and producer Wolf In The City, with a set including some of his own tracks and remixes, with Declan Blake, Heather Dawson, Maximal Crazy, SA10, DJ Danny G and more also taking to the decks.
Zac Smith from Future Sound said: “We started up due to us all having a shared interest in dance music and DJing. We felt that there was nothing available around the Furness area to satisfy our love for dance music, so we decided to set something up ourselves.
“We have been using the income from our events to pay off all costs as well as also investing in new equipment to improve our events and performances.
“This time we have a brand new idea which covers more genres of music to keep a wider audience happy, and we have also invested in a new lighting controller which will control our strobe light in synchronisation with the music being played.
“We plan to blow the audience out of the water with our next few event with brand new; music, equipment, concepts and ideas.”
Doors open at 7pm, with music running until 1.30am. Entrance is payable on the door.
Keep your eye out for forthcoming events from Future Sound Promotions on their Facebook page.
- Love live music and want to know what's on in Cumbria? Take a look at the Cumbria Live event listings.
First published at 15:26, Monday, 28 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants (3 comments)
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (2 comments)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|