Dunblane memorial plaque recovered in Cumbria
Last updated at 15:08, Sunday, 30 December 2012
POLICE have recovered a plaque with remembers the young victims of the Dunblane massacre.
The plaque, which has an inscription dedicated to the Dunblane school shootings, was recovered from a member of the public in the Egremont area.
Police are unsure of where the plaque has been taken from but want to return it to its rightful owner.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Whelan at Whitehaven police on 101.
Sixteen children and one adult died in the shooting at Dunblane Primary School on March 13 1996.
First published at 15:07, Sunday, 30 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|