Drunken Barrow man fined for hitting lamppost
Last updated at 12:40, Thursday, 29 May 2014
A DRUNKEN Barrow man who punched a lamppost has been fined.
Stephen Waddington admitted being drunk and disorderly in Cardiff Street, Walney, on May 10 when he appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court.
Police were called to Dominion Street after the 31-year-old’s mother reported him acting aggressively. Officers later found Waddington in Cardiff Street where he punched a lamppost and said he was returning to his mother’s house.
He was arrested.
Speaking in court on Tuesday, Waddington, of Cardiff Street, said he was “sorry” and was carrying out a Unity alcohol treatment programme in a bid to stop drinking.
District judge Mr David Purcell fined him £35, ordered him to pay £85 court costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
First published at 12:37, Thursday, 29 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (10 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|