UPDATE: Overnight single lane closures planned for A590 near Greenodd for three nights
Last updated at 15:46, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Closures on the A590 near Greenodd are due to start at 7pm tonight and will last for three nights
The closures will begin at 7pm, starting tonight, and end at 6.00am to allow resurfacing to be completed on a narrow part of the road.
Traffic lights will control vehicles along the A590 as there will only be a single lane through the roadworks during the closure.
This means that westbound and eastbound traffic will need travel through the roadworks in turns during this period.
In addition there will be weekend work on the road verges on Saturday and Sunday with the same traffic management arrangements in place from 8am to 4pm on both days.
The work is necessary as part of the £2.7 million project to build a new roundabout at Greenodd, which is scheduled for completion next month.
Highways Agency project manager Samantha Whittaker said: “The Highways Agency needs to close a single lane of the carriageway at a time while work is underway to resurface this section of the A590, then again to complete verge work.
"The work will take place overnight and at the weekend in order to minimise the inconvenience for drivers, and we would ask people to be patient at this time. The new roundabout will make it easier to travel between the A590 and A5092, and will help to reduce accidents.
"Work is progressing well and the scheme is on track to be completed in February.”
Severe traffic caused delays of up to 40 minutes between Ulverston and Greenodd, due to roadworks at Greenodd roundabout, this morning.
First published at 09:51, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|