UPDATE: Overnight single lane closures planned for A590 near Greenodd for three nights
Last updated at 15:46, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Closures on the A590 near Greenodd are due to start at 7pm tonight and will last for three nights
The closures will begin at 7pm, starting tonight, and end at 6.00am to allow resurfacing to be completed on a narrow part of the road.
Traffic lights will control vehicles along the A590 as there will only be a single lane through the roadworks during the closure.
This means that westbound and eastbound traffic will need travel through the roadworks in turns during this period.
In addition there will be weekend work on the road verges on Saturday and Sunday with the same traffic management arrangements in place from 8am to 4pm on both days.
The work is necessary as part of the £2.7 million project to build a new roundabout at Greenodd, which is scheduled for completion next month.
Highways Agency project manager Samantha Whittaker said: “The Highways Agency needs to close a single lane of the carriageway at a time while work is underway to resurface this section of the A590, then again to complete verge work.
"The work will take place overnight and at the weekend in order to minimise the inconvenience for drivers, and we would ask people to be patient at this time. The new roundabout will make it easier to travel between the A590 and A5092, and will help to reduce accidents.
"Work is progressing well and the scheme is on track to be completed in February.”
Severe traffic caused delays of up to 40 minutes between Ulverston and Greenodd, due to roadworks at Greenodd roundabout, this morning.
First published at 09:51, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|