Dragons’ Den star set for Cumbria visit
Last updated at 08:36, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
A BUSINESSWOMAN who has become known for her memorable pitch when appearing on TV’s Dragons’ Den is set to visit Furness College.
The event, organised by Furness College and the Federation of Small Businesses, will feature a presentation from guest speaker Kirsty Henshaw, a producer of healthy food from Preston who delivered the a memorable, emotional and successful pitch on Dragons’ Den.
Delegates will hear how her passion, commitment and gritty determination to succeed helped her to become one of the youngest entrepreneurs to receive investment on the show.
Her business – Kirstys – sells high quality, delicious, nutritious and allergen free alternatives to a range of food products sold under the Freedom branding.
The event has been organised to showcase The Edge – a Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership project offering funded training to businesses and their employees so they can secure the skills they need for business growth.
Eligible businesses and self-employed people must have a base in Cumbria and employ fewer than 250 staff.
The evening will begin at 4.30pm on Tuesday June 17 with a buck’s fizz reception, followed by the guest speaker and a tour of the facilities. Refreshments and the opportunity to network will also be included.
Places are limited for the event. Email Karen Johnson at email@example.com or call Furness College on 01229 825017 by Friday June 6 to reserve a place.
First published at 15:37, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|