Double Millom death inquest set to be opened
Last updated at 10:40, Tuesday, 18 June 2013
AN inquest will be opened tomorrow into the deaths of a mother and daughter who were killed in a suspected double murder in Millom.
HM Coroner for North and West Cumbria, Mr David Roberts will be opening the inquests of Katie Jenkin and Alice McMeekin at the Coroner’s Court, Cockermouth.
Ms McMeekin, 58, and her daughter, Katie, 20, were found dead having suffered head injuries in their Newton Street home on June 8.
John Jenkin, 23, Alice’s son and Katie’s brother, was arrested and has been charged with their murders and also causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, after a dog was found beaten to death in the back garden.
- Provisional trial date set for Millom double murder accused
- Distraught Millom community unites in face of tragedy
- Millom family ‘a key part of community
- Community in shock after Millom deaths
- Mum killed by ex-partner yards from latest Millom tragedy
First published at 10:30, Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|