Double Millom death inquest set to be opened
Last updated at 10:40, Tuesday, 18 June 2013
AN inquest will be opened tomorrow into the deaths of a mother and daughter who were killed in a suspected double murder in Millom.
HM Coroner for North and West Cumbria, Mr David Roberts will be opening the inquests of Katie Jenkin and Alice McMeekin at the Coroner’s Court, Cockermouth.
Ms McMeekin, 58, and her daughter, Katie, 20, were found dead having suffered head injuries in their Newton Street home on June 8.
John Jenkin, 23, Alice’s son and Katie’s brother, was arrested and has been charged with their murders and also causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, after a dog was found beaten to death in the back garden.
- Provisional trial date set for Millom double murder accused
- Distraught Millom community unites in face of tragedy
- Millom family ‘a key part of community
- Community in shock after Millom deaths
- Mum killed by ex-partner yards from latest Millom tragedy
First published at 10:30, Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- COOK double earns Barrow AFC share of the spoils
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|