Don’t miss out on your holiday days
Last updated at 13:18, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
The summer season over and another year is fast approaching, if you’ve got left over holiday days make sure you don’t miss out and get them booked in the calendar now. Whether you’ve decided to take a long and leisurely Christmas break or catch a bit of summer sun beat the rush and get that something special booked.
Chasing the sun
If it’s the heat of the sun you’re longing for then Telegraph Travel Mediterranean cruises are a great option for you this season. They’re ideal for couples and families alike and have something to offer everyone. Cruises are a hassle free and far more luxurious way of travelling around to experience different countries and cultures without the dreaded backpack.
Mediterranean cruises tend to be divided into two common routes, those which sail the western seas and visit the likes of France, Spain, Portugal and Italy and those that visit the eastern countries such as Croatia, Greece and Turkey. On board the cruise ship there’s an abundance of entertainment from evening shows to rock climbing walls and some of the bigger ships even have their own golf courses.
If you want to book the perfect winter wonderland to make this year the best Christmas yet then look no further than an expedition to Lapland; the home of Santa himself. Get back to nature and enjoy experiences like no other from snow trekking to folklore festivals to husky riding. Excite your senses with some of the most scenic and pure landscapes the world has to offer and be sure not to miss the magical northern lights which are guaranteed to leave you breathless. Lapland will leave you with memories to last a lifetime so start planning now.
Driving home for Christmas
If you’re preparing for nothing more than a long break off in the comfort of your own home this Christmas then you need to make sure you can actually get the time off to enjoy it. It’s the time of year when everybody wants to take time off to spend with their families so the calendar gets filled with holiday requests well in advance. Make sure you get your requests in early, there’s nothing worse than being left to drive home with the fear of getting stuck in the snow on Christmas Eve.
First published at 10:12, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together