Don’t miss out on your holiday days
Last updated at 13:18, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
The summer season over and another year is fast approaching, if you’ve got left over holiday days make sure you don’t miss out and get them booked in the calendar now. Whether you’ve decided to take a long and leisurely Christmas break or catch a bit of summer sun beat the rush and get that something special booked.
Chasing the sun
If it’s the heat of the sun you’re longing for then Telegraph Travel Mediterranean cruises are a great option for you this season. They’re ideal for couples and families alike and have something to offer everyone. Cruises are a hassle free and far more luxurious way of travelling around to experience different countries and cultures without the dreaded backpack.
Mediterranean cruises tend to be divided into two common routes, those which sail the western seas and visit the likes of France, Spain, Portugal and Italy and those that visit the eastern countries such as Croatia, Greece and Turkey. On board the cruise ship there’s an abundance of entertainment from evening shows to rock climbing walls and some of the bigger ships even have their own golf courses.
If you want to book the perfect winter wonderland to make this year the best Christmas yet then look no further than an expedition to Lapland; the home of Santa himself. Get back to nature and enjoy experiences like no other from snow trekking to folklore festivals to husky riding. Excite your senses with some of the most scenic and pure landscapes the world has to offer and be sure not to miss the magical northern lights which are guaranteed to leave you breathless. Lapland will leave you with memories to last a lifetime so start planning now.
Driving home for Christmas
If you’re preparing for nothing more than a long break off in the comfort of your own home this Christmas then you need to make sure you can actually get the time off to enjoy it. It’s the time of year when everybody wants to take time off to spend with their families so the calendar gets filled with holiday requests well in advance. Make sure you get your requests in early, there’s nothing worse than being left to drive home with the fear of getting stuck in the snow on Christmas Eve.
First published at 10:12, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|