Dog trainers show they are class act
Last updated at 14:04, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A FURNESS dog training class tasted success at the world cup of dog breed shows.
Tom and Jane Graham run a weekly training class at Pennington Memorial Hall.
The Askam couple enjoyed great success at Crufts, taking Best of Breed on six occasions with their Welsh Springer and Sussex Spaniels.
Mr and Mrs Graham added more awards to their collection in the gundog section of the showpiece event in the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham last weekend.
Show Champion Nyliram Night on the Tiles (Tyler) won first place in the Veteran Dog category, and Belcham Over to You Nyliram (Jake) came fourth in the Post Graduate Dog category.
Nyliram Last Request (Doris) was named first Puppy Bitch and the best Puppy in Breed and Welsh Springer Spaniel. Show Champion Nyliram Blazing Star JW ShCM won first place in the Open Dog category.
Helen Lister, of Windermere, and her Italian greyhounds excelled, as Florita Promessa (Titus) came second in the Puppy Dog category, Florita Piroetta (Tiggy) came third in the puppy bitch category, and Champion Florita Tipitina (Scarlet) won Open Bitch and was awarded the Challenge Certificate for Best Bitch. Sally English, of Kirkby, and her German Wirehaired Pointers, also did well. Karlejay Gump Guinea Bissau (Guinea) won first Limit Bitch and Amicaro Alaior (Charlie) came third in the Veteran Bitch category.
Penny MacDonald, of Barrow, and her Pug, Zondora Dick Dastardly (Dick), won second in the Yearling Dog category. Karen Wareing and Tony Roberts, of Walney, and their Shi Tzu Evalove Bella the Ball (Bella) came third in the Limit Bitch category.
Les Symington, of Urswick, and his Manchester Terrier Quixol Havoc (Cairo) came fifth in the Limit Dog Category. Dawn Milburn, of Swarthmoor, and her Newfoundlands were also rewarded, as Sandbears Chip ‘n’ Dale at Dawstenbears JW ShCH (Chip) came third in the Limit Dog category, and Sandbears BMI Baby Over Dawstenbears (Meishka) came second in the Yearling Bitch category. Jill and
Brian Speed, from Walney, who is not part of Mr and Mrs Graham's class, won a prize for his Staffordshire bull terrier. Sam won a first place in the Undergraduate class.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the contact details of Tom and Jane Graham pls? Thanks
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown