Dog trainers show they are class act
Last updated at 14:04, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A FURNESS dog training class tasted success at the world cup of dog breed shows.
Tom and Jane Graham run a weekly training class at Pennington Memorial Hall.
The Askam couple enjoyed great success at Crufts, taking Best of Breed on six occasions with their Welsh Springer and Sussex Spaniels.
Mr and Mrs Graham added more awards to their collection in the gundog section of the showpiece event in the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham last weekend.
Show Champion Nyliram Night on the Tiles (Tyler) won first place in the Veteran Dog category, and Belcham Over to You Nyliram (Jake) came fourth in the Post Graduate Dog category.
Nyliram Last Request (Doris) was named first Puppy Bitch and the best Puppy in Breed and Welsh Springer Spaniel. Show Champion Nyliram Blazing Star JW ShCM won first place in the Open Dog category.
Helen Lister, of Windermere, and her Italian greyhounds excelled, as Florita Promessa (Titus) came second in the Puppy Dog category, Florita Piroetta (Tiggy) came third in the puppy bitch category, and Champion Florita Tipitina (Scarlet) won Open Bitch and was awarded the Challenge Certificate for Best Bitch. Sally English, of Kirkby, and her German Wirehaired Pointers, also did well. Karlejay Gump Guinea Bissau (Guinea) won first Limit Bitch and Amicaro Alaior (Charlie) came third in the Veteran Bitch category.
Penny MacDonald, of Barrow, and her Pug, Zondora Dick Dastardly (Dick), won second in the Yearling Dog category. Karen Wareing and Tony Roberts, of Walney, and their Shi Tzu Evalove Bella the Ball (Bella) came third in the Limit Bitch category.
Les Symington, of Urswick, and his Manchester Terrier Quixol Havoc (Cairo) came fifth in the Limit Dog Category. Dawn Milburn, of Swarthmoor, and her Newfoundlands were also rewarded, as Sandbears Chip ‘n’ Dale at Dawstenbears JW ShCH (Chip) came third in the Limit Dog category, and Sandbears BMI Baby Over Dawstenbears (Meishka) came second in the Yearling Bitch category. Jill and
Brian Speed, from Walney, who is not part of Mr and Mrs Graham's class, won a prize for his Staffordshire bull terrier. Sam won a first place in the Undergraduate class.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the contact details of Tom and Jane Graham pls? Thanks
Make your comment
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- M6 lane reopens after multi-vehicle accident
- Girl airlifted to hospital after horse fall in Cumbria
- Lindale mum's hope after 'hellish nightmare' experience of Windermere sailor's death
- Haverigg cellmates on ‘Chicken Wing’ hatch cracking business plan
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria ‘Cinderella’ star wows Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Effort to unite woman with camera found in Windermere goes viral
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music