Dog trainers show they are class act
Last updated at 14:04, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A FURNESS dog training class tasted success at the world cup of dog breed shows.
Tom and Jane Graham run a weekly training class at Pennington Memorial Hall.
The Askam couple enjoyed great success at Crufts, taking Best of Breed on six occasions with their Welsh Springer and Sussex Spaniels.
Mr and Mrs Graham added more awards to their collection in the gundog section of the showpiece event in the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham last weekend.
Show Champion Nyliram Night on the Tiles (Tyler) won first place in the Veteran Dog category, and Belcham Over to You Nyliram (Jake) came fourth in the Post Graduate Dog category.
Nyliram Last Request (Doris) was named first Puppy Bitch and the best Puppy in Breed and Welsh Springer Spaniel. Show Champion Nyliram Blazing Star JW ShCM won first place in the Open Dog category.
Helen Lister, of Windermere, and her Italian greyhounds excelled, as Florita Promessa (Titus) came second in the Puppy Dog category, Florita Piroetta (Tiggy) came third in the puppy bitch category, and Champion Florita Tipitina (Scarlet) won Open Bitch and was awarded the Challenge Certificate for Best Bitch. Sally English, of Kirkby, and her German Wirehaired Pointers, also did well. Karlejay Gump Guinea Bissau (Guinea) won first Limit Bitch and Amicaro Alaior (Charlie) came third in the Veteran Bitch category.
Penny MacDonald, of Barrow, and her Pug, Zondora Dick Dastardly (Dick), won second in the Yearling Dog category. Karen Wareing and Tony Roberts, of Walney, and their Shi Tzu Evalove Bella the Ball (Bella) came third in the Limit Bitch category.
Les Symington, of Urswick, and his Manchester Terrier Quixol Havoc (Cairo) came fifth in the Limit Dog Category. Dawn Milburn, of Swarthmoor, and her Newfoundlands were also rewarded, as Sandbears Chip ‘n’ Dale at Dawstenbears JW ShCH (Chip) came third in the Limit Dog category, and Sandbears BMI Baby Over Dawstenbears (Meishka) came second in the Yearling Bitch category. Jill and
Brian Speed, from Walney, who is not part of Mr and Mrs Graham's class, won a prize for his Staffordshire bull terrier. Sam won a first place in the Undergraduate class.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the contact details of Tom and Jane Graham pls? Thanks
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders