Diamond prize for best-dressed lady at Cartmel races
Last updated at 14:25, Saturday, 02 June 2012
THE fashion stakes will be high at a glamorous jubilee racing event where the best dressed lady competition winner will walk away wearing £5,000-worth of sparkling diamonds.
Cartmel Racecourse is staging The North West Evening Mail Ladies Night on Derby Day today (Saturday), the first of its three Diamond Jubilee race meetings.
A team of judges will be stalking the enclosures selecting the best dressed ladies on the racecourse. In the event of poor weather the judges will be looking for the most stylish wet weather outfit and fanciest wellies.
The shortlisted lucky ladies will be randomly allocated a horse to represent them in the Wave Jewellery race, which is under starters orders at 7.45pm.
The lady with the winning horse will be presented with the Wave Jewellery diamonds.
The runner up wins a night for two at the Swan Hotel and Spa at Newby Bridge. All the selected ladies will win a bottle of champagne.
Phoebe designer fashion boutique, in Potters Court, Ulverston, and The Hat Box, in Rawlinson Street, Barrow, have put together some stunning outfits for the Evening Mail to offer some helpful fashion ideas for ladies looking for that perfect raceday outfit.
Phoebe owner, Dawn Fitzgerald, and qualified couture milliner Tracy Wells, of The Hat Box, regularly work together to assist ladies attending races, weddings and special occasions, to get their style spot on with an exclusive outfit.
Phoebe customer Jayne Smith, of Ulverston, modelled a selection of beautiful Joseph Ribkoff and Michaela Louisa dresses, matched with fabulous bespoke hats and fascinators. Mrs Wells, who also hires hats, can be visited by appointment only.
Mrs Fitzgerald said: “When choosing that perfect outfit for raceday you should always look for something that is chic and glamorous. The featured dresses are fashionable, stylish and made from fabrics which make a girl not only look beautiful, but feel beautiful too.”
Our model was all set for the races in an elegant Michaela Louisa pistachio dress matched perfectly with a fantastic charcoal and green hat.
Mrs Fitzgerald said: “The colour is lovely for this time of year. This 1950s look is very popular because of Kate Middleton. The hat is beautiful and was made to match this dress.”
Gates open at 12pm for The North West Evening Mail Ladies Night on Derby Day. Racegoers can set up a picnic, enjoy the funfair and watch The Investec Derby being screened live from Epsom. The first Cartmel race is at 6.15pm.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 01 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|