Date set for funeral of Barrow biker
Last updated at 16:22, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
A DATE has been set for the funeral of a 24-year-old biker who died following a crash on a road near Lindal.
Scott Gibson, of Lesh Lane, Barrow, died on April 4 when his bike collided with a police van on the A590 at about 10.30pm.
His funeral will be held on Tuesday, April 22, at Saint Matthew’s Church, in Highfield Road, Barrow, at 11am.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the collision and appeal for any witnesses who were in the area, or who may have seen something that will help with the investigation, to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to a member of the Operational Support Unit.
First published at 16:20, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|