Dance Tazia annual show
Last updated at 12:00, Monday, 26 November 2012
TALENTED dancers aged between three and 50 took to the stage for a sold-out performance.
Dance Tazia, based in Dalton’s Drill Hall, performed their annual dance show at The Forum in Duke Street, Barrow, on Tuesday, November 13, and Wednesday, November 14.
The show featured a Shrek theme, and a unique depiction of a department store, including a pretend elevator and dancers dressed as mannequins.
The dance progressed through each ‘floor’ of the store and featured a mix of dance styles.
Sonya Biggins, 30, who teaches the group, said: “We did the show to raise money for different charities. I know we are raising money for the Lupus Society but the others haven’t been decided yet.
“The cast all did really well, better than I expected. On the Wednesday it went especially well and it was totally sold out.
“I was really proud of all of them.”
Anyone wishing to get involved with the group should call Ms Biggins on 07908438308.
The group will begin rehearsing for their next performance on December 4.
First published at 16:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|