Dowdales fashion show
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 20 July 2012
THE talents of Dowdales' design and technology students took centre stage when their year's work was showcased at a special event.
Proud parents and friends packed into Dowdales Hall last Tuesday evening for a gala fashion show and exhibition of students' coursework.
The evening also marked the first time the public was able to view brand new facilities built after a fire forced the Dalton school to close for two days last year.
The blaze, which started in a tumble dryer, caused about £200,000 damage to the school's food technology, textiles and information technology rooms last September.
The fashion show was the evening's main event as Year 10 GCSE textile pupils and a few staff even took to the runway in clothes provided by New Look in Barrow.
An assortment of textiles, soft furnishings, creative fashions, woodwork and art deco and battery-powered radios were also on display.
The head of design and technology, Louisa Gibson, said the evening was a great way reward students for their hard work and dedication over the school year.
She said she hoped the success of the night, which also helped raise money for the school's Parent Teacher Association, would become an annual event.
"It was a great night," she said. "I think it's a great opportunity for the staff and the students to see the GCSE work.”
See the Evening Mail’s website for more fashion show photos in our picture slideshow.
First published at 13:34, Friday, 20 July 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|