'Celebration' is the first theme in Dalton mayor's charity photo competition
Published at 10:26, Friday, 01 June 2012
THE first topic has been revealed in a year-long charity competition for amateur photographers.
Councillor Barry Doughty recently took over as the mayor of Dalton and is launching a creative initiative to raise money for the mayor’s charity fund.
The Mayor of Dalton’s Charity Photo Challenge will set photographers a monthly brief to produce an image based on a certain theme.
Every month, entrants will be given a word or subject, then have to take a photo based upon their interpretation.
And this month's subject is CELEBRATION.
The competition is open to all amateur photographers in the Furness peninsular and the subject or theme will be displayed on the first working day of each month.
Entrants will find the theme in Dalton Town Hall foyer on the Dalton Town Council website (www.daltontowncouncil.org.uk), here on the Evening Mail website, Lorraine Oates’ website (www.powderandpaint.com) and in the Evening Mail newspaper.
First, second and third prize winners will be chosen each month by Dalton Town Council. Prizes will be awarded and photos will be displayed in the places listed above.
Entries should be sent by email to Dalton Town Council by jpeg file by the last working day of each month.
At the end of the mayoral year, in May 2013, an exhibition of each month’s winners will take place in the Drill Hall, Nelson Street, Dalton.
From the 36 winning photographs displayed, Lorraine Oates, a photographer based in Station Road, Dalton, will choose the three overall top entries based on her professional judgement.
These overall winning photographs will be enlarged and framed and cash prizes will be awarded dependent on levels of entry.
The entry fee is £15 for the year or £2 per month if you choose not to partake throughout the whole year.
An entry form and rules are available at Dalton Town Hall or by email or telephone 01229 464000 between 9am to 1.30pm on weekdays.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|