Dalton family’s joy as readers pledge to save wounded poodle Frodo
Last updated at 13:04, Friday, 20 June 2014
A MUCH-LOVED family pet which was set to be put down after a savage attack has been saved.
Since the Evening Mail ran the story on Wednesday, scores of people have come forward offering to pay for poodle Frodo’s treatment.
The family are overjoyed that the four-year-old won’t have to be put down.
Frodo was being walked by Dawn Stevens’ two children Amber, 11 and Dylan, nine, on May 30 near their home in Baker Close, Dalton.
Mrs Stevens said the dog had had his fur cut that day and slipped out of his collar which was looser as a result.
He started running for home and on the way passed a woman with a greyhound, which viciously attacked Frodo, throwing him around “like a ragdoll”.
So far the 38-year-old owner of Gas Bagz Balloonz in Barrow, has paid nearly £600 in vets’ bills and if the dog needs his neck draining it will cost thousands of pounds, which she says they just could notafford.
Mrs Stevens said she couldn’t quite believe how kind people were.
She said: “The response has been amazing.
“The children are over the moon and have been jumping around in excitement. It will be fantastic if it does happen and we can get the treatment he needs.
“What he really needs is the operation to drain the infection from his neck and that could cost thousands so if anyone could help that would be amazing.
“I can’t thank everyone enough for coming forward and offering to help. I never expected that.”
First published at 13:03, Friday, 20 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together