Dance Tazia annual show
Last updated at 12:00, Monday, 26 November 2012
TALENTED dancers aged between three and 50 took to the stage for a sold-out performance.
Dance Tazia, based in Dalton’s Drill Hall, performed their annual dance show at The Forum in Duke Street, Barrow, on Tuesday, November 13, and Wednesday, November 14.
The show featured a Shrek theme, and a unique depiction of a department store, including a pretend elevator and dancers dressed as mannequins.
The dance progressed through each ‘floor’ of the store and featured a mix of dance styles.
Sonya Biggins, 30, who teaches the group, said: “We did the show to raise money for different charities. I know we are raising money for the Lupus Society but the others haven’t been decided yet.
“The cast all did really well, better than I expected. On the Wednesday it went especially well and it was totally sold out.
“I was really proud of all of them.”
Anyone wishing to get involved with the group should call Ms Biggins on 07908438308.
The group will begin rehearsing for their next performance on December 4.
First published at 16:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|