Customers of major banks unable to access mobile banking
Last updated at 15:06, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Customers of two major banks found themselves blocked from being able to access their mobile banking today amid high surges of traffic.
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) said it had seen "record" numbers of people trying to access mobile banking, while Barclays also said it was "urgently" investigating problems with people trying to get into its mobile banking app.
The glitches happened as people were trying to check their balances in the run-up to the weekend, with many people also tending to get their wages paid in around this time of the month.
RBS apologised to customers on Twitter, saying that "high traffic" was preventing some customers from being able to log in.
It said: "We are currently experiencing record usage of our mobile banking app. Over 5,500 customers are logging on every minute."
Meanwhile, Barclays said it was "urgently" investigating problems with customers being able to access its mobile banking app.
A spokeswoman for the bank said that all Barclays' other services are working as normal.
First published at 11:33, Friday, 28 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|