Customers of major banks unable to access mobile banking
Last updated at 15:06, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Customers of two major banks found themselves blocked from being able to access their mobile banking today amid high surges of traffic.
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) said it had seen "record" numbers of people trying to access mobile banking, while Barclays also said it was "urgently" investigating problems with people trying to get into its mobile banking app.
The glitches happened as people were trying to check their balances in the run-up to the weekend, with many people also tending to get their wages paid in around this time of the month.
RBS apologised to customers on Twitter, saying that "high traffic" was preventing some customers from being able to log in.
It said: "We are currently experiencing record usage of our mobile banking app. Over 5,500 customers are logging on every minute."
Meanwhile, Barclays said it was "urgently" investigating problems with customers being able to access its mobile banking app.
A spokeswoman for the bank said that all Barclays' other services are working as normal.
First published at 11:33, Friday, 28 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|