Curfew for Barrow man who texted ex song lyrics
Last updated at 16:42, Thursday, 06 February 2014
A Barrow man was given a restraining order on Tuesday after sending his ex song lyrics in texts.
Kerry John Hubbold pleaded guilty at Furness Magistrates’ Court to harassment.
On October 9 last year, the 41-year-old, of Dartmouth Street, Walney, sent texts to Sophie Ditchfield. One read: “I am the resurrection.”
Mr Michael Graham, defending, said Hubbold had sent lyrics to Miss Ditchfield to express his feelings.
Hubbold was given a 12-week curfew, during which he must remain at home between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
He was given a four-year restraining order, banning contact with Miss Ditchfield.
He had to pay £85 legal costs and a £60 victim surcharge.
First published at 16:30, Thursday, 06 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Bloomin' 'eck. You'd think he could find some better lyrics. Try some Burt Bacharach or Englebert Humperdink next time and you might have more success. I think Please Release Me would be quite apt after the restraining order.
Make your comment
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Police warning - Barrow road closed after traffic collision
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (1 comment)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers