Curfew for Barrow man who texted ex song lyrics
Last updated at 16:42, Thursday, 06 February 2014
A Barrow man was given a restraining order on Tuesday after sending his ex song lyrics in texts.
Kerry John Hubbold pleaded guilty at Furness Magistrates’ Court to harassment.
On October 9 last year, the 41-year-old, of Dartmouth Street, Walney, sent texts to Sophie Ditchfield. One read: “I am the resurrection.”
Mr Michael Graham, defending, said Hubbold had sent lyrics to Miss Ditchfield to express his feelings.
Hubbold was given a 12-week curfew, during which he must remain at home between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
He was given a four-year restraining order, banning contact with Miss Ditchfield.
He had to pay £85 legal costs and a £60 victim surcharge.
First published at 16:30, Thursday, 06 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Bloomin' 'eck. You'd think he could find some better lyrics. Try some Burt Bacharach or Englebert Humperdink next time and you might have more success. I think Please Release Me would be quite apt after the restraining order.
Make your comment
- Lakes team can’t wait to race with ‘best of the best’ in Barrow
- Barrow race flag design contest gets off to a flying start
- Barrow driver charged with attempted GBH by car remanded in custody
- Evening Mail readers offer to rehome abandoned Jack
- Furness General midwife 'should never work again' - mother
- Cornered Barrow thief caused fracas
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Harvey wants new Barrow AFC deal
- Harrison fit again for Barrow Raiders
- Fan-tastic celebrations for Barrow AFC: with picture gallery
- Lakes riders shine in South Cumbria time trials: with picture gallery
- Runners make dash for Dalton 10k
- South Cumbrian darter aims for world's top 64
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- High toll in struggle for beaches and barren hills
- Verses tell of lost lives
- Town ship took centre stage for major amphibious landing
- Research backs up spine theory
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology