Met Office issue weather warning over Cumbria flood risk
Last updated at 10:43, Friday, 01 August 2014
A yellow weather warning is in place for Cumbria this weekend.
An area of rain is expected to push north across the UK through Saturday. Rain will become widespread and at times heavy, especially across western and northern areas.
This will carry on into Sunday with the risk of gales over coasts and hills. It will begin to ease into late Sunday night and early Monday morning.
The public should be aware of the risk of localised flooding and of disruption to transport.
Saturday will reach highs of 17°C with a chance of thunder and lighting from 9.00pm. Sunday will reach highs of 16°C.
First published at 09:10, Friday, 01 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston stall
- Search for missing wild camper in Cumbria
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
- Emergency services called after car taken by tide off Walney (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- The ultimate guide to Kidfest in Barrow
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (130 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|