Cumbria toddler airlifted to hospital
Last updated at 15:44, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
A TODDLER has been airlifted to hospital.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called to a house in Arnside after receiving reports of an 18-month old baby being scalded.
The toddler was flown to Alderhay Children’s Hospital, in Liverpool, with head, neck and chest injuries.
A spokesman for the GNAA said the injuries were not life threatening.
First published at 14:12, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Sorry for picking up on this in a potentially serious situation, but the correct spelling is 'scalded' - I've got a mental image of a child being severely told off to the extent of getting injuries from a parent's wagging finger!
Make your comment
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks
- Cumbria Police release CCTV images in connection with theft
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Sun comes out for South Cumbria wedding winners
- Barrow hospital prepared for inspectors after working hard to improve
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds