Cumbria teams search for missing walker in the Lake District
Last updated at 10:21, Thursday, 15 May 2014
CUMBRIA police and partner agencies are searching for a missing walker in the Lakes.
Christopher Malcolm Blowman, 67, has been staying in the area with his wife and went walking in the Scafell Pike area yesterday morning but did not return as expected.
Mr Blowman, from Carlton, Louth, is an experienced walker and his wife is very concerned about his welfare. Mountain Rescue Teams and Kinross Helicopter have been in the local area assisting with the search.
He is described as 5 ft 9” with a slim build, grey receding hair. He was wearing a brown/green check shirt with dark green cardigan. Navy blue walking trousers, a red and navy waterproof walking jacket. He had walking boots on and was carrying a blue rucksack.
Anyone who may have seen him in the area or someone matching his description is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 immediately.
First published at 10:20, Thursday, 15 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|