Cumbria show memories from years gone by
Last updated at 15:21, Wednesday, 06 August 2014
THEY are at the behest of mother nature – but that does not stop Cumbria from attending them en masse year after year.
As agricultural festival season gets into full swing, we today take a look back through our archives to reminisce about years gone by.
From magnificent beasts to the birds with the most impressive of plumage, animals take centre stage at these well-attended shows.
That’s not to say there is not room for others to show off their wares, with many of the events hosting competitions for home-baked goods, conserves and any number of delicious treats.
This year thousands enjoyed the Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show, as the sun made an appearance.
And today will see the crowds flock to Cartmel, where the racecourse hosts its annual event.
In our trip down picture memory lane today, we travel back to the late 1970s and the 1980s and stop by Cartmel, Millom and Broughton, Ambleside and the North Lonsdale show.
The fashions and hair styles have definitely changed – but the staple diet of events has not.
If you have any agricultural show memories or pictures you would like to share, contact email@example.com
First published at 14:36, Wednesday, 06 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- WITH VIDEO: Dalton garage staff surprised as cheeky monkey checks in to refuel (51 comments)
- ’It’s like living with a death sentence’
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton community centre more accessible after revamp
- Jacqui Smith out but did husband see?
- Dalton local: First for ARL coverage
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape
- West Leeds edge out Dalton (2 comments)
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|