Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
Last updated at 16:39, Friday, 29 August 2014
RAIL services in Cumbria have returned to normal after a person was struck and killed by a train near Lancaster this morning.
The First TransPennine Express route between Glasgow Central / Barrow-in-Furness and Manchester Airport was one of many journeys delayed this morning.
Trains travelling through Lancaster station were delayed by up to 60 minutes from 6am, after a man was struck and killed by a train nearby.
The man's death is not being treated as suspicious.
Train services returned to normal at around 10.45am.
Replacement bus services were put on to get passengers on their way.
First published at 07:16, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|