Cumbria police searching for woman in connection with discarded knife
Last updated at 12:52, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Cumbria police are appealing to members of the public in their search for a woman who they would like to speak to in connection with a discarded knife.
Police received a call today at 8.59am from a member of the public who had seen a woman place a carving knife into a wheelie bin on Tenterfell Court, Kendal.
The knife has been recovered by officers and Police would like to speak to the woman involved.
She was described as being white, medium build with brown hair. She is between 5ft 3inches and 5ft 5inches tall and was wearing a red hoody and a black bodywarmer.
She was last seen heading in the direction of Brigsteer Road.
Sergeant Eelco Doctor said: “We would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen this woman to get in touch with Police. We don’t believe her to pose any threat to the public. If the person in question sees or hears this appeal please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to the on-duty Sergeant at Kendal Police Station.
First published at 12:51, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|