Cumbria police launch investigation into attempted post office burglary
Last updated at 15:26, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Cumbria police are investigating an attempted burglary at a post office.
The incident took place at Grasmere post office between 5pm on January 13 and 8:15am on January 14.
Offenders attempted to force their way into the post office and activated an alarm.
They then left the scene without gaining entry.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area between Monday night and Tuesday morning and may have seen someone acting suspiciously.
Witnesses can contact Detective Sergeant Andrew Lamb on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 14:55, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|