Cumbria police carry out two drug raids
Last updated at 12:21, Thursday, 09 January 2014
CUMBRIA police swooped on two Cumbria homes as they carried out drugs raids.
Search warrants were obtained and executed following concerns from the local community.
Controlled substances were found at both premises yesterday and as a result a 52-year-old man from Frizington has been arrested by police on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and possession of a controlled drug. He was bailed until March 5.
A 39-year-old man from Cleator Moor was also arrested and has been reported for offences concerning possession of controlled drugs. A file will be prepared for the Crown Prosecution Service who will consider charges and if any are brought, he will told to attend court.
First published at 12:19, Thursday, 09 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|