Cumbria police appeal after knifeman robs shop
Last updated at 10:27, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Police are investigating a robbery that happened in Cumbria yesterday.
At 4:55pm on Tuesday 21st January 2014, police were called to the Toffee Shop on Brunswick Road in Penrith after a man described as wearing a scruffy grey fleecy hoodie with grey tracksuit bottoms threatened staff with a knife. He is described as being between 40 and 50 years old, average build, with facial stubble.
The man fled the scene in the direction of Bluebell Car Park.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity at around 5pm last night to get in contact.
They are keen to speak to anyone who notice anyone running away from the area or acting suspiciously.
Anyone with information can ring Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to the on duty sergeant at Carlisle CID. Alternatively they can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
One man, aged 42 from Penrith has been detained in connection with the incident and is currently helping police with their enquiries.
First published at 10:26, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|