Cumbria owners in RSPCA probe hand over two more horses
Last updated at 16:30, Thursday, 23 January 2014
HORSE owners at the centre of an RSPCA probe have signed two more of their horses over to the charity.
Anti-animal cruelty inspectors began investigating the two female owners after one of their ponies was found dead on January 10.
Advice was given to the pair before two of their horses were seized under police assistance just days later.
Two more horses in their care, which had been moved to new stables, were signed over to the RSPCA earlier this week.
RSPCA spokesman Leanne Plumtree said: “A horse that was seized by police on veterinary advice on Friday, January 10 has been signed over to the RSPCA by its owners.
“The horse was seized along with a yearling which was found collapsed and, after taking a turn for the worse, put to sleep by the vet overseeing its care to end its suffering.
“Two other horses belonging to the same people have also been signed over.
“They will now be assessed by our equine rehoming co-ordinator.”
The investigation is ongoing.
First published at 16:29, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|