Cumbria officer to row English Channel with former Leeds United footballers for skin cancer
Last updated at 10:34, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
A Cumbria officer is due to row 54 miles with a group of former Leeds United footballers for a skin cancer charity.
PC Lynn-Marie Welch, who is based in West Cumbria, will row the English Channel from Belgium to Ramsgate for the Myfanwy Townsend Melanoma Research Fund on Sunday June 8.
She will be joined by former Leeds United players, Richard Cresswell and Rob Hulse as well as her North Yorkshire Police colleague PC Campbell Watt.
The row is in memory of Bruce Craven, a former condition coach at Leeds United, who lost his battle against the disease.
Lynn-Marie has been following a strict training programme, which included open water training in Portsmouth and charity fundraising training rows at the David Lloyd Centre in York.
Lynn-Marie said: “I am really looking forward to getting out on the water and setting off on this challenge. The training has been very intensive but hopefully has prepared me well for the row. To fundraise for such a worthy cause is great and hopefully we can raise enough money to help make a difference to people’s lives.”
To donate see http://www.justgiving.com/lufc-channelrowing
First published at 10:29, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|