Cumbria murder accused has trial date put back after hearing in Preston
Last updated at 10:25, Friday, 27 September 2013
A CUMBRIA man accused of murdering his mother and sister in Millom has had his trial date put back to March next year after a hearing in Preston today.
John Jenkin, 24, who had been living at Newton Street, Millom, had been due to stand trial in Preston Crown Court on October 28.
Jenkin is charged with murdering his mum Alice McMeekin, 58, and his sister Katie Jenkin, 20.
They were found dead in their family home in Newton Street, Millom, on June 8 this year.
Jenkin is also charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, after a dog was found beaten to death in the back garden on the same day.
At a hearing at the crown court in Preston today the case was put back, with the agreement of the judge, His Honour Judge Russell QC, to March 4 next year.
The trial has been set down with a four-day estimation.
The defendant was not present in court during the hearing.
A plea and case management hearing has been listed to take place at Preston Crown Court on Friday, December 6.
First published at 16:59, Wednesday, 25 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Barrow skills event aims to inspire better career choices
- Cumbrian recruitment firm on national award shortlist
- Time running out for Cumbrian firms to get a business boost
- Defence boom will create thousands of BAE Systems jobs in Barrow
- Benefits of BAE Systems Barrow shipyard expansion spread far and wide
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (25 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (19 comments)
- Former school buildings in Barrow to go up for auction (18 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (13 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|