Cumbria man fed cat vodka until it died - court told
Last updated at 13:24, Wednesday, 02 July 2014
A SOUTH Cumbria man has pleaded guilty to killing a cat with alcohol.
Stephen Walton, of New Bank Yard, in Kendal, appeared before magistrates in South Lakeland today to answer the charge of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal between April 1 and April 30 this year.
Walton, 48, admitted feeding the female cat vodka in its milk until it died.
The hearing was adjourned for Walton to appear before Carlisle Crown Court for sentencing on July 21.
First published at 13:21, Wednesday, 02 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|