Cumbria man, 81, arrested on suspicion of murder
Last updated at 17:01, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
A CUMBRIA man, aged 81, has been arrested on suspicion of murder, after police found the body of a woman in a house.
Police were called at 6.16am this morning following the death of a 81-year-old woman within a property at The Dale, Ainstable.
On arrival the woman was found deceased and the man was in need of medical attention. Both were from Ainstable.
The man was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary and has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The 81-year-old male is currently helping police with their enquiries.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation at this time.
First published at 11:33, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|