Cumbria high wind warning issued by Highways Agency
Last updated at 08:50, Monday, 11 August 2014
THE Highways Agency is advising road users in Cumbria to be careful as strong winds are forecast on Monday morning.
Road users driving high-sided vehicles, riding motorcycles or towing caravans are being urged to check traffic and weather conditions before setting out on journeys and to heed any advice such as speed restrictions.
The Highways Agency said the public should be aware of the risk of disruption from strong winds, which may cause some damage, with disruption due to fallen trees and debris onto roads.
The Highways Agency is advising drivers of vulnerable vehicles to take particular care at the following locations in the North West:
- M53 junctions 1 to 2
- M56 junction 12
- M58 junction 1
- M6 junctions 20 to 21 - Thelwall Viaduct
- M6 junctions 26 to 27
- M6 junctions 36 to 45
- M60 junctions 10 to 12
- M60 junctions 16 to 17
- M62 junctions 18 to 27
- M61 junctions 4 to 5
- M61 junction 9 / M65 junction 1
- A56 between M65 and A680
- M65 junction 3 to 4
- A66 between M6 junction 40 and A1 (Scotch Corner)
- A595 near Whitehaven
First published at 16:53, Sunday, 10 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|